Composter automates rotating drum operation with the newly automated PLC Control Panel with Soft Touch Screen by XACT Systems. The user friendly soft touch screen on the front of the control panel was designed for the BioReactor Composting System in order to give the operator easy access to a wide variety of critical data. Data which is vital to the successful composting of solid organic waste.
Although composting is not a complicated process it is a fairly precise process in terms of balancing the few factors that impact it. The control panel has been developed to provide more accurate monitoring of these factors to ensure the best results. A quick reminder as to what those few factors are: Carbon-Nitrogen ratio, moisture content, oxygen, operating temperatures, and particle size. For a more detailed description of the parameters for successful composting, please follow this link to the XACT Composting System website page describing them.
In addition, the data collected from the monitoring can be sent to the operator’s cell phone or computer 24/7. By making the data “portable”, the operator can be tracking the BioReactor’s operation while eating lunch!
These added features compound the benefits that the XACT BioReactor System already has.
- The BioReactor has the fastest decomposition time—it can compost organic waste in as little as 4 days. Compare this to traditional methods that can take upwards of a year!
- Odor control is also ensured by the continual rotation of the drum, which causes the organic material to tumble around inside. This tumbling action ensures all the particles of the waste are exposed to oxygen at all times which is vital to a highly aerobic composting process and therefore an odor-free process.
- Pathogen and virus destruction are the foundations of our composting system. XACT In-Vessel Organics Composting follows the guidelines set down by the EPA to ensure pathogen and virus kill.
- Less manpower is required because the rotating vessel does all the work—one man can operate the entire process especially when the composter automates rotating drum operation.
- The XACT BioReactor uses a very, very low horsepower electric motor to operate.
- The vessel can be insulated which helps retain the high operating temperatures of 130°F+ (55°C+) required (this is the EPA standard for pathogen kill—3 days at 130°F). Because of the insulation, the XACT vessel does not need to be housed in a building, but the compost should be stored under cover.
- The process is natural and typically requires no added heat.
- Less land is required with the BioReactor rotating drum because the decomposition process occurs within the vessel, and less feedstock piles are required because material is processed so fast.
- Site requirements are minimal because of the compact size of the system, and because what little condensates are present are completely captured.
- Fantastic compost is the result because changeable weather conditions are not a consideration, and all the factors needed for great decomposition are optimized and controlled.
To learn more about how the composter automates rotating drum operation with the new control panel is super easy. Just contact us by Cell: 613-391-1445 or email [email protected]. Many many thanks! D